2-day tour in Ninh Binh gives you the opportunity to visit such famous places as Tam Coc known as Ha Long Bay on land, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Vietnamese capital in the 10th century, Mua Cave – one of the most alluring places for sightseeing in Ninh Binh. You also can hike up to the peak of Ngoa Long Mountain to catch the amazing view of Tam Coc, Ninh Binh in your sight. Through cycling activity, you will take the chance to explore fully Vietnam’s beautiful landscape as well as enrich your knowledge of history and religion in Vietnam. of the Tam Coc, Ninh Binh area. You will have a great opportunity to explore Vietnam’s beautiful landscape by cycling, as well as enrich your knowledge of Vietnam’s history and religion.
- Experience the tour in a small group.
- Comfortable transfer service for a small group.
- Joined yourself in the real local life at a morning food market and learn how the local people trade their daily stuff.
- Enjoy a home-dinner at with Vietnamese food and BBQ by the local family host and learn about the Vietnamese culture through their daily activities.
- Discover Tam Coc – three caves or the “Halong Bay on land” on a small boat rowed by local people and see the first limestone mountains, which will run along the Riverway for several kilometers.
- Visit Thung Nham bird preserved garden which was well-known as the home of over 40 different nature bird species with over 50.000 individual.
- You will have a chance to ride among rice fields and limestone mountains for about 1 hour on a unique route with a high-quality bike, an ideal way to explore Ninh Binh.
- Widen your knowledge of the Vietnamese history by visiting the temples dedicated to King Dinh and King Le, the two great heroes of the nation who lived in the 10th century and chose Hoa Lu as the place to build the citadel of the capital city (from 968 to 1009).
Ninh Binh 2 Days 1 Night Tour
Tam Coc – Cycling – Thung Nham Bird Reserve – Mua Cave – Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
Day 1: Hanoi – Tam Coc – Cycling – Thung Nham Bird Reserve
07.15 Tour guide pick up from your hotel or private address in Hanoi Old Quarter and departure to Ninh Binh by airconditioned-bus/minivan
09.00 Have a short break at a stop-over in Dong Van, Ha Nam province.
10:00 Arrive Tam Coc start your first visit on a sampan boat rowed by a local for about 1.5 hours. Known as “Halong Bay on land”, Tam Coc is the name of the limestone caves area stretching along Ngo Dong river. The boat trip is a nice journey along the river with the peaceful scenery of Limestone Mountains, rice paddy and the sight of some temples along the way. If traveling during harvest season, you may have chances to see the yellow rice carpet along the river banks.
12:00 Enjoy delicious lunch served at the bungalow’s restaurant with Vietnamese cuisine.
13:30 Check-In Bungalow/ Hotel
14:00 Visit a local family in Tam Coc. They are a traditional Vietnamese family with three generations living together. Here you will get the chance to see the house architecture and their daily life and their handicraft job of making traditional embroidery. After that enjoy a special dinner prepared by the home chef with the local cuisine featuring the yin-yang balance of the Asian culture
14:30 Leaving the family, you will take a bike and start riding to explore the rice fields and limestone mountains with a unique route.
15:00 Explore Hang But (Buddhist Cave) The cave 500m in length, magical view of the stalactites and stalagmites, including a big Buddha-shaped stalactite sitting beside an underground river. Then get on a small sampan to visit Thung Nham bird park, discover the most features of this area with more than 50.000 birds of 40 species flying to inhabit every day. Your best chance to take nice photos.
17:00 Cycling back to the host family for free time relax with afternoon tea break.
19:00 Dinner served with Vietnamese food and BBQ by the local family host. Then stay overnight at the bungalow or the hotel.
Day 2: Hang Mua/ Local market – Cooking Class – Hoa Lu Ancient Capital – Hanoi
07:00 – 07:30 Breakfast at the bungalow or hotel. Clients will take selected option below:
Option 1: Local market – Cooking Class
08:00 Under the introduction of the tour guide, you will learn some basic keywords of the Vietnamese when purchasing goods in the local market. After that, you will be provided a list of courses in the cooking class and all necessary ingredients should be prepared. With the certain number of Vietnamese money, we go to a local market.
After 30 – 45 minutes purchasing ingredients and exploring local culture at the market, we will come back to our class kitchen and get ready for the cooking class.
Having a strong passion and love for Vietnamese traditional food, our talented chef, with his rich cooking experience, will introduce you the basic principles of each course and how to make it. Now you will have an opportunity to experience in cooking yourself like a real Vietnamese chef.
Option 2: Cycling to Mua Cave
recommended for tourists below 40 years old and don’t recommend on the rainy or gloomy day. You have to climb of almost 500 steps each way.
08:30 Take a bike to Mua Cave, Mua Cave one of the most alluring places to view in Ninh Binh, Hiking up to the peak of Ngoa Long Mountain to take your amazing views of the Tam Coc, Ninh Binh area.
11:00 Back to the bungalow for lunch
All guests will share the same activities for the rest of the day:
11:30 Enjoy delicious lunch served at the bungalow’s restaurant with Vietnamese cuisine.
12:30 Bungalow/ Hotel check out and relaxing, free and coffee at home stay garden
15:00 – 15:30 Departure to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century, visit the temple of King Dinh. Under the introduction of our local guide, you will get to know more about the Vietnamese history. Hoa Lu existed as the capital of Vietnam for 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang when country named Dai Co Viet.
16.30 Leave Ninh Binh and drive straight back to Hanoi.
18:30 Arrive in Hanoi, drop you back to your hotel or private address in Hanoi Old Quarter. Trip ends.
What to bring:
- Sun cream
- Camera and film
- English speaking guide
- Pick up & drop off in Hanoi Old Quarter area
- All air-conditioned transport as mentioned in tour
- All Meals (lunches, dinner, breakfast)
- All sightseeing and boat fees
- Accommodation (Bungalow/Hotel)
- 03 bottle of water per person (02 on the bus, 01 for cycling time
- Cooking class/Mua Cave
- Pick up & drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter area (15 USD fees for a group)
- Motorbike option (7 USD/pax)
- Animal Cart option (7 USD/pax)
- Travel insurance
- Tipping for tour guide/driver
- Other optional activities or tours
- Personal expenses
Should you choose to cancel a booking, Amazing Ninh Binh must be notified by email. The cancellation fee will be applied under the following conditions:
- More than 7 days before departure: FOC
- From 2 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the payment charged
- From 48 hours before the tour starts: 100% of the payment charged
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in 100% of the payment charged.